Sunday 1 May 2011

A SINGLE MAN


With my Mum's Lovefilm membership at hand i've made it my mission to watch all of the films I wish I had seen, and this was one of the first to drop through the letter box. I can only urge you to watch it yourself, with Tom Ford as Director as well as playing roles within the Production and Screen Writing, the film was sure to be visually beautiful and it truly is. I love films in which every tiny aspect of mise en scene has been clearly considered and constructed to aid our understanding of the narrative and this film is no exception. The films tells the story of A Single Man, Colin Firth, and his struggles living life after his partner tragically dies. I'm also keen to note that the theme of homosexuality is treated so subtly and beautifully but an actor you perhaps wouldn't expect to cast in such a role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment