Wednesday 2 November 2011

HOPELESS PLACE

Now before I start this post I want to make one thing very clear, I cannot stand Rhianna. But suddenly her stylist has come over all Corinne Day and made what may just be one of my favourite music videos in terms of styling. From the Pretty Woman suspender crop tops, to the double stacked creepers and American flag print denim, metal collar tips and acid bleached denim, the look is pure grubby London girl cool and wouldn't be out of place in an I-D magazine shoot. I also love the cinematography of the video in terms of the compositions of the shots as well as the flower projections and the contrast they creative against the urban setting. I would love to know who was involved in making the production but have had no luck looking online, so drop me a comment if you have any ideas. On top of it all, Rhianna's co-star is delicious and she pukes ribbons, some girls just have it all eh.



I dedicate this post to two of my best friends Eve and Cherry because secretly I think we all want to be Rhianna in this video.



3 comments:

  1. I like this video too. Unfortunately I don't know who produced it. It reminded me very much of 'This is England' with it's bitter-sweet storyline. I love how you connected it to Corinne Day's photography!!

    Hope you don't mind me following your blog, I really enjoy reading it :)

    Hollie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this video so much too, Hannah. I don't know about you but the bit where they're all jumping around in the mud really takes me back to Glastonbury this summer. Amazing styling and I love how British it feels despite the fact she isn't the London Girl she's making herself out to be.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thanks girls!

    Hollie, of course I don't mind, really trying to get some followers so thank you!! And yes the styling is very 'This Is England', think it's the acid wash denim! P.S. I found out the name of the stylist (check the latest blog post) but still no idea who the producer is, so annoying!!

    Shannon, YES, sooo many festival vibes over that bit, Glastonbury was just a bit muddy eh!? Yeah it's sooo London, London girls are where it's at for style and her stylist knows it!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete