Thursday 3 November 2011

MEL OTTENBERG

Mel Ottenberg is the man behind Rhianna's latest styling success! Cherry, my fellow new recruit to the Rhianna fan club, discovered Mel's identity on Opening Ceremony's blog (check out the post 'ERE), turns out he works pretty closely with the brand and styled a previous lookbook as well as the campaign for OC's collaboration with Levi's.

As well as this Ottenberg has worked with Purple magazine, Proenza Schouler, Dazed and Confused and 10 Men, frequently working alongside Terry Richardson. The two creatives both convey a sense of nonchalance and jilted ideals which produces great outcomes.

Turns out that the latest edition to my ever growing list of influencers also styled my favourite cover from i-D's Pre Fall edition featuring Miss Lindsay Wixson. I love the sense of childishness in contrast to the grown up tailoring and seduction of the garments.





2 comments:

  1. I bought this issue of i-D purely based on this photoshoot. How different does Karlie Kloss look here compared to the Marc Jacobs Lola ads?!?
    I looooveeee Terry Richardson photography too.

    However it is the first time I have heard of Mel Ottenberg - slap my wrist* I shall have to keep an eye out for him from now on!

    Thanks for finding out - even if it still isn't the producer it is still very interesting.

    Hollie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job you said that Hollie, pretty sure this is actually Lindsay Wixson and completely typed the wrong name haha! All changed now.

    I hadn't heard of Mel Ottenberg either but it's always nice to find new name!

    Hx

    ReplyDelete