Friday 4 November 2011

TABLE DRESSING




This article really caught my eye while I was flicking through Wallpaper in search of inspiration for a university project. Wallpaper isn't a publication which I often consider when thinking about influential fashion driven articles but it's certainly a magazine I will be picking up more frequently now. This article, photographed by Marton Perlaki, features garments from luxury brands such as Prada, Hermes and Celine. The multi functional, and abstact way in which the clothes have been presented really relates to post-modernity within fashion, a theme which has been prevalent in my lectures over the past week.

Post modern meaning within the shoot comes from the subversion of conventional roles, viewing a £9k Hermes coat as a duvet undermines the heritage of the brand and the convention of a jacket. A very clever twist which produces a undeniably striking fashion narrative.

I urge you to look further at the work of photographer Marton Perlaki (you can see his website 'ERE), he's an example of a great post modern visionary working to make others view fashion as an art form and integral element of culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment