Sunday 24 July 2011

ANIMAL MAGIC

A typical lazy Sunday, eating tangerines and too much Cadbury's chocolate while I flick through yesterday's Guardian. The fashion and style pages of The Weekend supplement are always my favourite part and I couldn't agree more with the top article in 'The Measure' this week. 

"Going Up
Animals: Foxes on Smythson stationary. Dogs in the Louis Vuitton campaign. Bird Prints at Jonathon Saunders. Freja Dressed as a cat for Chanel. Who needs a pet?"

..and the list of animal influences just goes on, with House of Holland's Budgy Prints, Topshop Unique's Dalmation spots..which also adorned flat caps at Burberry, dogs on the catwalks of the A/W shows and, my favourite, Mulberry's Autumn Winter Campaign.

The campaign was photographed at Shotover House, in my home county, and features giant owls and foxes as well as hatched eggs and other wild birds. I adore the sense of British heritage created through the campaign.









Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Set Designer: Shona Heath
Creative Director: Ronnie Newhouse



No comments:

Post a Comment