Monday 10 October 2011

PENTLAND

Over the summer I set to work on the Pentland Project, I wasn't instilled with desire for the project but got stuck into some research none the less. I choose to focus my project on Pentland brand Berghaus gleaming inspiration and know how from a second Pentland brand, Boxfresh. 

A trip to Designer Forum and some investigation on Stylesight really whet my appitite for the project and I actually got quite excited by my vision for a new more current Berghaus. I explored predicted Activewear Megatrends for A/W 2012 and S/S 2013 as well as looking at innovative visual merchandising from the likes of Karl D.D Willis and the amazing Richard Chai (check out his glacial pop-up store 'ERE). 

I looked further at fabric technology, particularly Puffer Trends, where I became fixated with abstract padding, deformation of shape and extravagant anatomical shapes. I aimed make Berghaus share the coolness and style led aestetic of Boxfresh, perhaps even supersede it though experimental fashion insights and exciting scientific fabric technologies as well as a key consideration for the consumer and the environments which Berghaus combats. 

The project was due to be presented as an exhibition so I decided to create a mood which summed up my vision rather than creating a fact driven display. Below are some of the images which will be displayed as part of my exhibition.






















And some sounds which add to the mood, because music is important to this blog, and my way of thinking.






I'd really appreciate any feedback as I feel this is a project which I struggled with and took an abstract view at while completing the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment