Wednesday 23 February 2011

Haze

I think I felt the 1970's coming.
I'm gagging for a rummage in the vintage shops to find the perfect pieces to channel the look with once the sun comes out.

But until then i'm loving the sunny haze that makes imagery look so 1970's.




All Images by Peter Knapp 1971 for Vogue.

And Sofia Coppola's Virgin Suicides encapsulate that era of hazy innocent sleaziness in her gorgeous film Virgin Suicides. 




I'm loving the portrayal of 1970's cheek in the Orla Kiely ads....



..and researching these ads has led me to the amazing photographer Venetia Scott, who's just shot straight to the Top 5 of my favourite fashion industry names. And her CV is enough to make you weep.






Mega weirdly..I know Stan in the last photo, we met at Glastonbury and hung out over the summer. 
Small World.





No comments:

Post a Comment