Thursday 10 February 2011

UNIQUE

So I have definitely become a fan of Topshop Unique in recent years. Actually I focused my recent uni project on  a marketing concept for the launch of Topman Unique. Here's my front cover...


After adorning the ethereal woodland look Topshop Unique hosted for A/W2010 I was dead excited to see the Spring Summer collection. And BOY, it didn't disappoint me.

Firstly..I never usually play huge attention to catwalk hair trends but you just could not ignore the manic candyfloss manes of the models. Loved the dip dying and triangular 70's shape. My straighteners have been well and truly ditched and the curl embraced for the new season. PLUS, festival frizz hair will be a dream at Glastonbury this summer.

The collection itself was gorgeous too...i'd sum it up as neo-grunge hippy. Gorgeously floaty sheer layers, Proenza Schouler-esque brights with black and awesome futuristic John Lennon in space shades. Gunna be keeping my eye's peeled for dirty sorbet shades of worn out denim in all the vintage and charity shops too.


For now i'm rocking my brothers huge grey green tie dyed Tee with a butchered sleeveless leather biker, suede strung Topshop semi precious stones and huge platforms in homage. 

(images in collage from vogue.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment